As a Staff Accountant, you are responsible for much of the heavy lifting. You enjoy working through the details and take satisfaction in preparing the perfect working paper file or personal tax return. You have the uncanny ability to prioritize multiple assignments, gather information from clients and keep the partners informed of both your progress and any issues encountered.
Please click through the tabs below to learn more about becoming a Staff Accountant.
All aspects of preparing financial statements for compilation and review engagements including:
- Working paper files with adjusting entries and referenced supporting documentation;
- GST returns and reconciliations;
- payroll returns and reconciliations; and
- Corporate income tax returns
- Personal tax returns including optimization of deductions and credits
- Bookkeeping assignments including bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, receivables and payables
- Investment statement summaries and analysis including calculating adjusted cost base, capital gains and losses and reconciling to information returns (T3, T5, T5013, etc.)
- Keeping partners informed of problems encountered with assigned work, researching alternatives and recommending solutions to those problems
- Other duties as requested