Information and external links that we hope you find useful. We’ll share some of our experiences while attempting the impossible; increase your accounting and tax knowledge without putting you to sleep.
Please note that the information on this site is of a general nature only. It does not take your specific needs or circumstances into consideration and is not intended to be professional advice. Neither the author nor Goodwin Hanson LLP shall accept any liability in respect of any reliance on the information on this site.
Let’s start with some links:
- Canada Revenue Agency– General tax information for individuals and businesses; a good place to start
- Payroll Deductions Online Calculator– Calculate federal and provincial payroll deductions for yourself or your employees
- Alberta Employment Standards – Rues and regulations– Minimum standards for general holidays, leaves of absence, minimum wage, overtime, termination, vacations, etc.
- Service Canada– Information on programs like the Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance and Old Age Security
- TaxTips.ca – Alberta Personal Marginal Income Tax Rates– Determine the personal tax rate on your next dollar of income from various sources
And some blog posts:
- Updated November 9, 2020 – Benefits Related to COVID-19– How to access benefits available to individuals and businesses from the Governments of Canada and Alberta
- March 19, 2020 – COVID-19– I wish our first blog post was a happier one; here’s our response to COVID-19