Our tax services fall into two broad categories; tax planning and tax compliance.
Tax planning is finding legal methods to minimize your taxes by analyzing your unique situation. The goal of tax planning is to keep more money in your pockets. We can help with establishing a share structure that minimizes taxes either upon incorporation or through a reorganization, optimizing income splitting with spouses and adult children, structuring business purchases or sales, estate planning, and succession planning.
Tax compliance is filing the various forms and returns accurately and on time. The goal of tax compliance is to sleep soundly at night and avoid penalties and interest. We prepare corporate and personal income tax returns, GST/HST returns, payroll, and information returns (e.g. T3, T4, T4A, T5, T5013, T5018, etc.).
Our tax services include:
- Tax planning:
- Share structure on incorporation
- Corporate reorganizations
- Income splitting with spouse and adult children
- Structuring business purchases or sales
- Estate planning
- Succession planning
- Tax compliance:
- Corporate tax returns (T2)
- Personal tax returns (T1)
- GST/HST returns
- Payroll calculations and remittances
- Information slips and summaries (T4, T4A, T5, T5018, etc.)
- Trust and estate tax returns (T3)
- Partnership returns (T5013)
- Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) claims